Is to nourish the body,
replenish the spirit,
and grow the community...
so all might be fed.
Want to Work with the One Acre Team?
Check here for employment opportunities.
Assistant Director One Acre Cafe
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates and oversees the OAC Volunteer Program to include recruitment, scheduling, training, placement, coordination, and retention of all volunteers.
- Has responsibility for Front of House during lunch service.
- Promotes and markets special events, café announcements, and daily menus using social media.
- Assists Executive Director in planning activities and special events.
- Supervises employee/volunteer activity and delegates tasks.
- Be mindful of our mission and take every opportunity to promote it within and outside the café.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrates excellent leadership qualities, including the ability to motivate and earn the respect of other staff.
- Possesses strong time management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to communicate instructions clearly and effectively to others.
- Excellent computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, presentations, google programs, social media, volunteer databases and Square
- Collaborates well with a team.
- Displays excellent communication and public speaking skills.
- Exhibits qualities of a creative thinker, necessary for planning changes or future development of the café.
- Has ability to maintain calm demeanor and think fast in the face of a crisis or dispute.
- Must have the energy and stamina required to supervise several activities, which requires ongoing movement, and lifting of some supplies
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or management preferred.
- Management experience in the workforce required.
- Non-profit experience desired.
- Standard 8-hour workday applies but must be willing to put in extra hours and work on weekends, when necessary, to meet deadlines or oversee program events.
So, if you are eager to help the community, and looking for a place that you can have some stability with a regular schedule, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. OR fill out our online application (link below)
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, creed, color, religious belief, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.