ONE ACRE CAFE IS NOT ACCEPTING NEW VOLUNTEERS AT THIS TIME, DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC.
PLEASE CALL US AT 423-483-0517 IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW YOU CAN HELP
KEEP CHECKING SOCIAL MEDIA TO SEE WHEN VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES ARE AVAILABLE.
WANT TO VOLUNTEER? ....ONE ACRE CAFÉ FUNCTIONS WITH 95% VOLUNTEERS….WE NEED YOU!
There are two ways that you can volunteer at One Acre Café:
1. You can contribute to the café’s mission by serving as a One Acre Café Volunteer Staff Member - serving food, bussing/cleaning tables, washing and drying dishes, picking up trash around building, cleaning bathrooms, washing windows, mopping floors, wrapping silverware, maintenance work, food preparation,etc. Space is limited, so it’s best to schedule your volunteer slot ahead of time. (See below for information about Group Volunteers)
2. You can exchange an hour of work for your meal. Drop in anytime OAC is open to work in exchange for your meal. Just tell the cashier that you would like to pay for your meal with an hour’s work.
ALL VOLUNTEERS MUST:
· Be 16 years of age or come with and be supervised by a parent/guardian
· Fill out the Volunteer Application and sign the Volunteer Waiver Form (parents must sign for all minors)
· Follow the Dress Code when volunteering at the cafe
· Park across the street from the cafe
· Check in with the Volunteer Coordinator when you arrive
· Sign in before you begin work and sign out when your shift is over
YOU CAN SIGNUP ONLINE!
We utilize a self-scheduling website. You can register online by following these steps:
FOR ONLINE SCHEDULING ACCESS:
1. Click here to sign up for our online scheduling system
*NOTE: Only those volunteers that are 16 & up may sign up for online scheduling)
2. Wait for the confirmation email from One Acre Café with further instructions. (BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER)
3. If you do not receive the email within 24 hours, check your spam folder. If it is not there, email
to let us know. Please include your first and last name and the date you signed up.
Once you have received your username and password, you will be able to sign up online for volunteer opportunities.
Click to LOGIN to the Online Scheduling System at the VOLUNTEER INFORMATION CENTER (VicNet).
NOTE: Only those volunteers that are 16 and over may schedule themselves online.
All volunteers under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Parents must call the cafe to schedule themselves and their child.
All volunteers please download, print and sign the forms below. Bring these with you when you come to volunteer.
Don't have a printer? No problem. We will have copies of the form for you to fill out when you come in to volunteer.
Volunteer Application/Waiver for 2020 - (sign after reviewing our Health Policy and Dress Code)
Minor Waiver Form - (sign one form for each minor child under 16 years of age)
Please review the DRESS CODE policy before coming in to volunteer.
For more information about volunteering, be sure to review the Volunteer Information Packet.
If you are unable to sign up online or have questions, please call the cafe at 423-483-0517 or email us at
THINKING ABOUT SCHEDULING A GROUP TO VOLUNTEER AT OAC?
Volunteering at the café is a great way for your group to serve our community!
Below are some guidelines for groups wishing to volunteer at One Acre Café:
Groups need to be scheduled in advance. We have regular volunteers that will need to be rescheduled if a large group is coming in to help out.
Groups can be no more than 8 people. We do not have enough volunteer positions for more than 8 people. If you have a larger group, consider splitting them up and your group can volunteer on two days.
Anyone under 16 must be supervised by an adult. Groups must provide equal number of adult supervisors for each person less than 16 years of age.
Dress code: All volunteers in your group must following the OAC Dress Code when volunteering.
After we have scheduled your group, if 6-8 people are not able to volunteer, we will need 2 business days’ notice to secure other volunteers for the day.
Volunteer positions for the day will be greeting customers, taking orders & serving customers at the table, working at the drink station, bussing/cleaning tables and washing dishes. It is also very helpful if your group is able to stay after we close and help clean the café.
Volunteer hours are from 10 am until 3 pm. We prefer that a group be here the entire day if possible. If all volunteers are new, the group will need to arrive early for training.